According to CDC statistics, HAIs have endangered more a 1 million patient resulting in 99,000 deaths annually. The costs the healthcare facilities can be staggering! With this new program, your staff will learn the common HAI causes and detailed prevention measures which include:
- CDC Standard Precautions
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
Patients, healthcare workers and family members are at risk of HAIs. However, these can be prevented by making zero HAIs everyone's responsibility. At the end of this course, your staff will be able to define HAIs, understand the role of MDROs in HAIs and know how to prevent and control HAIs. They will also know how to follow Standard Precautions, understand, and apply the three kinds of Transmission-Based Precautions.
- Causes and Prevention of Common HAIs
Preventing and Controlling HAIs
- Standard Precautions
- The Importance of Hygiene
- Transmission-Based Precautions