Active shooter incidents or ASIs are an unfortunate reality and a growing threat to every workplace. In order to help prevent mass casualties, knowledge and planning are critical. This program shows workers how to identify an active shooter and emphasizes the importance of every employee having a plan, being aware of his or her surroundings, and knowing the organization's emergency action plan.
Safety Matters: Active Shooter Preparedness addresses how to report suspicious activity as well as how to respond in an ASI by determining when it's best to run, hide or fight. The course will conclude by mapping out what to expect and how to respond when law enforcement arrives at the scene.
Preparing for an ASI
- Importance of an Emergency Action Plan
- Reporting Suspicious Activity
Responding to an ASI
- Remain Calm and Quiet
- Arrival of Law Enforcement
Safety Matters: Active Shooter Preparedness is one of a series of 10 programs developed and produced by DSS Learning & Development, the award-winning leader in employee workplace safety training.
Added features and benefits of DVD training:
- A customizable PowerPoint™ presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable leader's guide
- Resourceful web links to organizations such as OSHA, FEMA, NSC and the CDC, where viewers can download and print information on regulatory standards