Confined spaces are not just challenging work environments - they also pose a serious threat to safety. It is important to be aware of the hazards in such spaces and be proactive about containing them.
Safety Matters: Confined Space Entry educates employees on confined spaces and how to operate safely within such environments. It discusses the criteria, characteristics, and key industry statistics of confined spaces. The program explains the hazards of confined spaces, and how to detect and control them to ensure personal safety. It also outlines the training, roles and responsibilities of various members of the entry team and what emergency and rescue planning entails.
Requirements for Confined Spaces
- Non-Permit Required
- Permit Required
Roles and Responsibilities
- Entry Team Duties
- Emergency and Rescue Planning
Hazards and Safety
- Hazards in Confined Spaces
- Hazardous Atmospheres
- Other Risks
- Hazard Controls and Detection
- Construction Work
- PPE for Safe Entry
Safety Matters: Confined Space Entry is one of a series of 10 programs developed and produced by DSS Learning & Development, the award-winning leader in employee workplace safety training.
Added features and benefits of DVD training:
- A customizable PowerPoint™ presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable leader's guide
- Resourceful web links to organizations such as OSHA, FEMA, NSC and the CDC, where viewers can download and print information on regulatory standards