Energy is all around us and comes in many forms. It is a useful and necessary element when any work is performed. But along with its usefulness, it can be dangerous and fatal. Understanding the forms of hazardous energy and the tools we use to control it are the fi rst steps in protecting workers from injury.
Safety Matters: Lockout/Tagout fosters awareness of the sources of energy we work with, the dangers of those energies, and the systems in place to prevent potential issues. It also covers the five main causes of preventable injuries and the 7-step lockout/tagout procedure.
- The Fatal Five
- Types of Lockout Devices
- Understanding Hazardous Energy
- Lockout vs Tagout
- Seven Step Process
- Employee Instruction and Training
Safety Matters: Lockout/Tagout is one of a series of 10 programs developed and produced by DSS Learning & Development, the award-winning leader in employee workplace safety training.
Added features and benefits of DVD training:
- A customizable PowerPoint™ presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable leader's guide
- Resourceful web links to organizations such as OSHA, FEMA, NSC and the CDC, where viewers can download and print information on regulatory standards