Learning Needs Assessment
The objective of the Learning Needs Assessment is to provide a third-party assessment of the client's learning and development program as compared to world-class performance. This assessment focuses on the foundation of effective knowledge transfer. It will serve as a basis for ongoing learning and development program enhancements and help to identify and focus resources on learning strategies that will align with business goals, improve safety, transform culture and deliver sustainable results.
Starting with the existing program, the project team will evaluate capabilities associated with knowledge transfer at the client's facilities. The evaluation will focus on the conceptual, structural and operational categories of the learning and development program including the following:
- Understanding the business strategy
- Assessing current capabilities
- Determine the competencies required for success now and in the future
- Systematically focus on the most effective learning activities, versus blindly conducting training or other interventions
- Create long-term organizational development strategies
To conduct the evaluation, the project team will meet with a cross-section of personnel, audit operations, and review technologies and documentation. The project team will survey perceptions throughout the workforce and assess leadership, systems, and processes.
During the site visits, the project team will:
- Interview management, supervision, and hourly personnel to determine their perceptions of and attitudes towards learning and development.
- Identify and evaluate the existing approach to learning and development, including HR, the Learning and Development organization, IT and their administration.
- Participate in current facilitator-led courses, review self-paced courses, and evaluate learning technologies, systems, and applications.
- Tour selected operations to observe how knowledge, effectiveness, and safety are integrated into the way work is done and factors motivating employees.
- Determine the effectiveness of learning activities, facilitators, content, and technologies.
- Review activities of the Learning and Development staff.
- Review preliminary findings with site management.
Following the fieldwork, the project team will analyze the results of the observations and interviews to develop a report detailing the degree to which the learning program meets world-class standards. A summary report identifying areas of strength and opportunities for improvement will be provided.
The service will include the following elements:
- Baseline evaluation of the current learning and development program, systems, technologies, content and resources at selected sites relative to DuPont's
- Competency-based Organizational Assessment
- A summary report with specific findings and details of the degree of competency in the various areas within the learning and development program.
The client will appoint a coordinator to work with the DuPont Project Manager and project team to help schedule site visits and daily activities including interviews and observation tours. Prior to the visit, the coordinator should provide the project team with relevant background information to make the visits efficient and productive. Items such as those listed below should be submitted, along with any other information deemed pertinent to the learning program:
- Learning and Development curricula
- Training data and reports
- Access to participate in Facilitator-Led courses
- Review of self-paced courses
- Demonstration of Learning Management System (LMS) and / or any other learning technologies, systems, and applications.
- Review course feedback forms
Contact us for more information about our learning and development consulting services.